Intimate immersive journey inside the female body
INTER/her is a sensory and emotional experience which looks from the inside out within in the virtual womb. This VR work is accompanied by a wearable haptic garment providing a visceral vibration responsive experience on the lower abdomen.
> INTER/her Website – Now Live!
The new website for the INTER/her Project launched on 3rd April 2021. Big thanks to Centre Neptune for the design & build. All future information regarding the project can be found there, including installation locations, dates and visiting times. Hope to see you there.
> Online Exhibition / Promotion
INTER/her is participating in a group virtual exhibition called Art in Flux: Reclaimed, celebrating some of the most radical and innovative media artists of our times. Online from March 30th to April 30th, 2021
Also see the project profile on the crowd funding site Artizen here
Draft version of the vaginal canal with Endometriosis by collaborator Sarah Büttner (October 2020)
A talk by collaborator Maf’j Alverez (July 2020) on the prototyping of the early exploration and research phase of the project.
2019 – 2021
- Camille Baker – Artist/Artistic Director
- Maf’j Alverez – Unity/ Interaction Designer
- Sarah Büttner – Environment / Tiltbrush Artist
- Bushra Burge – Haptic Costume Designer / Engineer
- Kat Austen – Sound Designer
INTER/her is an intimate, immersive and VR installation that explores of the inner world of over 40’s women’s bodies and the reproductive diseases they suffer: endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, Ovarian and other cysts, cervical, ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancers and the lack of clear medical information/ support they face.
INTER/her is explored through a feminist lens, as personal exploration, public education, and community building, positioning the physical body as a site to explore psychological issues of womanhood, identity and the sense of self, exploring the body.
- Arts Council England
- UCA / University for the Creative Arts
- Access Space Sheffield
> Budget / Funding
- £15,000 ACE Aug 2020-May 2021
- £2,485 / UCA, 2019/20 (Round 1) UCA
- £2,000 / UCA, 2020/21 (Round 2) UCA
> Outcomes / Impact
- Prototype phase completed December 2019-Auust 2020
- Phase two – production and exhibition September 2020 – May 2021