Intimate immersive journey inside the female body
INTER/her is a sensory and emotional experience which looks from the inside out within in the virtual womb. This VR work is accompanied by a wearable haptic garment providing a visceral vibration responsive experience on the lower abdomen.
A recent talk by my collaborator Maf’j Alverez on the prototyping of the early exploration and research phase of the project.
2019 – 2021
- Camille Baker – Artist/Artistic Director
- Maf’j Alverez – Unity/ Interaction Designer
- Sarah Büttner – Environment / Tiltbrush Artist
- Bushra Burge – Haptic Costume Designer / Engineer
- Kat Austen – Sound Designer
INTER/her is an intimate, immersive and VR installation that explores of the inner world of over 40’s women’s bodies and the reproductive diseases they suffer: endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, Ovarian and other cysts, cervical, ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancers and the lack of clear medical information/ support they face.
INTER/her is explored through a feminist lens, as personal exploration, public education, and community building, positioning the physical body as a site to explore psychological issues of womanhood, identity and the sense of self, exploring the body.
- Arts Council England
- UCA / University for the Creative Arts
- Access Space Sheffield
> Budget / Funding
- £15,000 ACE Aug 2020-May 2021
- £2,485 / UCA, 2019/20 (Round 1) UCA
- £2,000 / UCA, 2020/21 (Round 2) UCA
> Outcomes / Impact
- Prototype phase completed December 2019-Auust 2020
- Phase two – production and exhibition September 2020 – May 2021